Advantages of The Icynene Insulation System®?
As well as simplifying the construction process for the builder, Icynene® Insulation eliminates the major causes of building envelope problems, air-borne moisture movement and entrapment. Blower door tests have shown that a steel framed home insulated with Icynene® Insulation, and with no polyethylene vapor barrier, measures 1.2 ACH at -50 Pa. depressurization. This is well under the 1.5 ACH50 rating for the most energy efficient home. Heating and cooling costs are typically reduced by 30 to 50%, and smaller, less expensive heating and cooling equipment can be used.
For the homeowner the advantages are:
- Compared to other technologies, The Icynene Insulation System® is a less expensive method of building an energy efficient home.
- A more energy efficient home means that energy costs can usually be reduced between 30 and 50%.
- A more comfortable home, free from drafts and cold spots.
- A quieter home because Icynene® creates a continuous sound barrier against outside noises.
- A healthier home - when used with a mechanical ventilation system, superior indoor air quality provides your family with a much healthier place in which to live.
Return to Frequently Asked Questions